As school districts across the country move to remote learning practices in order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, millions of students who lack home internet access are at an even greater risk of falling behind.
In light of today’s unprecedented and challenging times, we have taken immediate steps to revise our program in order to support district’s contingency plans, including:
• Doubling the data allotment from 10 GB to 20 GB per month through June 30,2020.
• Allocating all additional devices in our inventory to current districts to help support their e-learning plans.
• Expanding our program to include K-12 students.
Additionally, we know that our districts have an urgent need to provide more devices to students. While our foundation's mission is to help close the homework gap by providing free devices and free connectivity to eligible students, the recent demand for devices has outpaced our supply. Therefore, we are temporarily taking the following steps to allow districts to purchase devices in order to serve more students, including:
• Securing additional Coolpad smartphones and hotspots at a discounted price for districts to purchase now. We expect smartphones to be delivered approx. four weeks from order date and hotspots approx. 12-16 weeks from order date.
• Opening up our application process for new districts who are able to purchase devices. Interested districts can apply here.
We will continue to provide free data connectivity for each purchased device.
The 1Million Project Foundation is a public charity with 501(c)(3) status. Federal Tax ID 82-2640564. Cash donations to the 1Million Project Foundation are tax deductible.